Nb. “We” in the document refers to Robert Gamesby and Muriel Gamesby who are joint partners in http://www.coolgeography.co.uk
Who we are?
We are http://www.coolgeography .co.uk, a registered partnership including Robert Gamesby and Muriel Regnier.
For the purpose of the Data Protection legislation, we are the Data Controller of your personal data. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we use your information.
Data Protection Officer (“DPO”)
Personal information is information about you from which you can be identified. We will not process any personal information about you that we do not actually need in order to provide our services to you.
What personal information we collect?
The types of personal information we collect include:
• personal details, such as title and your full name;
• contact details, such as an email address and school address
• the name of your school
• records of your communication with us, such as emails, text from emails
• A password for your account, securely stored in the login area
What are our grounds and purposes for collecting your personal information?
It is necessary in order for us to provide you with our products and services, such as:
• to fulfil our contractual obligations in providing you with our products and services.
Because we have a justifiable reason, such as:
• keeping records about you and our correspondence with you. This is so that we can appropriately and effectively manage our relationship with you. We may also have to keep such records to satisfy any legal and regulatory obligations;
Disclosing and sharing your information
We will only disclose/share information about you or your policy in the following circumstances:
• it is required by law;
• in case you make a complaint to us about the service we have provided, we may be obliged to forward details about your complaint, including your personal information, to the Financial Ombudsman Service (“FOS”)
Under the Data Protection legislation, you have a number of rights relating to the information we hold about you. This includes the right to:
• ask for a free copy of any personal data we hold about you;
• ask for correction of any inaccurate information held about you;
• object to the use of your personal data for direct marketing;
• withdraw any permission you have previously given to us to process your personal data except where this is critical to us fulfilling our contractual and legal obligations;
• ask for your personal data to be deleted from our system/database.
• complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you are not satisfied with our use of your data (https://ico.org.uk).
Should you wish to exercise any of your rights under the Data Protection legislation, please direct your enquiry to Rob Gamesby at email@example.com .
Your data is considered to be an important asset to us, and as such, we make reasonable effort to ensure the necessary measures are in place to prevent unauthorised or inappropriate access, use, modification, disclosure or destruction.
On our website we protect any information you have given us by providing you with a User ID and password. Your User ID will be the email address provided to us during the registration process. You must keep this password safe and must not disclose it to anyone. We will not accept responsibility or liability if a third party obtains and uses your User ID and password. You must tell us immediately if your User Name or password has been compromised in any way. Please also tell us if you would like us to change your User ID or password for any other reason.
Other measures we take to keep your data secure include, but are not limited to:
• making regular backups of files;
• protecting file servers and workstations with virus scanning software;
• using a system of passwords so that access to data is restricted;
• allowing only authorised staff into certain computer areas;
Retaining your information
We will only keep your data for as long as is necessary to provide our products and services to you and/or to fulfil our legal and regulatory obligations.
Http://www.coolgeography.co.uk uses two cookies. These only contain information about the number of visits made. This information is used solely by the Http://www.coolgeography.co.uk and is not viewed by third parties.
This site uses Google Adense which uses the Double CLick DART cookie.
Google and the DoubleClick DART cookie:
• Google's use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to users based on your visit to this site and other sites on the Internet.
This site contains links to other sites. Http://www.coolgeography.co.uk is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those web sites.